Friday, February 14, 2014

On Change...

So I have been quiet while I have been going through some awesome and hard changes. Due to annoying level of secrecy I had to keep during this past year, no blogging was allowed. Where should I start?

The first major change: I QUIT THE BORG!! Yes, I quit my job. After a year of increasing health issues and other events, I saved up enough money to fulfill a dream. I came to the hard conclusion that the borg just wasn't a fit for me. Combined with some bad stuff that was going on at the place, I decided it was just time. So I've been nerve wracked but happy about this change.

Second: SCHOOL! Yes, I am back in school. Why the hell would I put myself back through this stuff? Well, I decided in the course that was the hell that was my old job, I wanted to become a physical therapist. While the job was one of the impetuses, I have to thank Ami for the kick in the ass I needed. I realized I was happier in the training room than I ever have been doing polling or tracking/working in a horrible open office environment that turns adults into blobs with the maturity of middle school.

So I am taking an 11 credit course load, studying for the GREs and hoping to be able to apply to schools starting in July. I am also job searching for a part time job to help pay expenses while I torture myself in school.

Third: Along with school and no longer working at the shithole, I have started to take brewing beer a little more seriously. I even won a medal!

Yes I took second place in the specialty category at my homebrew's club recent contest. I have a few more beers I am looking forward to brewing in the next few months. I'll be posting some more about that here. 

So I am doing well and I am excited for the next steps. I look forward to writing more here now that I kind of have more time. 

No comments: